CFTROU 0006: Your Church’s Name Is Killing You; Change It.
Today we dive into why a church should consider a name change, how to go about making the change, and how to continue honoring the legacy that has already been established. When we made the decision to change our name from the First Baptist Church of West Pam Beach to Family Church, it was a big shift. The name of our church had been the same for over one hundred years. Yet, for us, the change was still worth it because we knew it was going to help us take the gospel to every person in every neighborhood in South Florida.
- We share the story of why we changed the name of our church from the First Baptist Church of West Pam Beach to Family Church.
- Understand the benefits (and costs) of changing your church’s name.
- Learn more about the metrics involved in making the decision to change your church name.
- Find out the process we used to facilitate the change, while honoring the legacy that has already been established.
- Practical advice to pastors thinking about changing their church’s name.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.