CFTROU 0067: Leading When You’re Not in Charge
- Having Andy Stanley as a leader and the challenge of preaching after him.
- How people in more junior positions can develop their gifts under strong leadership.
- The importance of focusing on making your area an oasis of excellence.
- Where your personal ambition should fit into the ambition of the organization.
- The importance of being truly invested in and committed to what you do.
- Learning to serve your boss and actively pursuing that which is on his/her agenda.
- Treating everyone like a volunteer.
- Knowing what motivates each of your team members and then incentivize them.
High caliber leaders have high expectations. Click To TweetSomething about our culture makes us what to be led by people who lead by influence rather than authority. Even Jesus invited people to follow Him. Click To TweetThe best way to learn to lead is to learn how to lead when you’re not in charge. It will allow you to know how to lead when you are in charge. Click To TweetFind out what motivates your people and then learn how to incentivize them. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.