CFTROU 0082: The Business on Church Business: Cash Flow is King
- The three main things that positive cash flow will enable a church to do.
- How a positive cash flow can impact your ability to obtain third-party financing.
- Measuring the priority of each new idea against the mission of the church.
- How to actually manage the cash and why you should start with revenue.
- Looking at expenses, forecasting future expenditure, and checking liquidity requirements.
- Determining the amount of money you should have in the bank each week.
- Coaching tips for how involved a senior pastor should be when it comes to finances.
- How unforeseen economic conditions can be a challenge when managing cash flow.
For the church, we can think of cash flow as the amount of unrestricted cash available to us once all of our obligations have been accounted for. Click To TweetCash flow is scalable. Every church has to manage their cash flow the same way – it’s scalable in every context. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.