Episode 1022: Leading Through COVID-19 – Coach Chris Hobbs
There is a significant overlap between the running of a school and a church. Both can provide the other with helpful strategies to overcome the obstacles presented by the COVID-10 pandemic. We welcome Coach Chris Hobbs to the podcast. He is the Athletic Director at The King’s Academy and joins the conversation. We talk practically about prescreening, social distancing, and other best practices to consider as we slowly start reopening institutions like churches and schools.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Why leaders should avoid speculation, optimism, and setting timelines—yet remain hopeful!
- Planning around social distancing, best practices, and prescreening in high school athletics.
- How this relates to churches.
- Thoughts on how team sports can continue amid social distancing regulations.
- The resources required for prescreening before gathering again.
- Hear about the hybrid versions of education that are likely to sprout from the current crisis.
- Prioritizing mission and purpose above methods and programs.
I would encourage any leader to avoid speculation and optimism right now. Click To TweetThere is a fine line between optimism and hope. Hope is a belief that things will turn for the better, but don’t attach absolutes or timelines to it. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.