Episode 1026: Leading Through COVID-19 – Hold the Plan Loosely
- Changing strategies as we plan the reopening of our church.
- We discuss how our community is reacting and how we take that into consideration as we solidify our plan.
- The importance of paying attention to the right media sources.
- Paying attention to the percentage of people who are showing up and how that plays a role in the reopening process.
- Continuing to stay focused and grow our online church services.
- Polling our people as part of our planning.
- What our training will look like as we begin to reopen.
- We share our plan for reopening and training.
For everyone who’s already reopened or thinking about reopening, my encouragement is to develop a plan, walk down the path, but hold it loosely. We’ve got to be flexible, adaptable, and agile. Click To TweetFor a church of any size, one of the greatest things you can do during this season is to create feedback loops with your people. You’ve got to check the pulse of you people, who are willing to gather. Click To TweetI think this is a season where you’re never going to get consensus with all of your people, so the right decision for you is that you’re going to have to do the best you can with the information you have, the resources available to… Click To TweetThis has been a season where we’ve been able to focus on digital and online and we’re going to need to continue to do that because we don’t know what the future holds. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.