TMV: Episode 54 – Jen Wilkin – Part 1
Today we begin the first part of our two-part interview with author and bible teacher Jen Wilkin. Jen opens up about how she met her husband, what she admires most about him, and how they managed to balance their lives while having four kids in four years.In this inspirational conversation, Jen explains how the verse Deuteronomy 6:7 has impacted her and her approach to parenting. She explains why she believes strongly in shared spaces, shared experiences, and shared conversations, and how she has facilitated these priorities in her home. To find out how Jen has taught her children that home is their primary place of belonging, her tips for answering tough questions, and to discover what she would do differently if she could, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to the Wilkin family.
- How Jen met her husband Jeff and what she admires about him.
- How Jeff’s support has spurred on Jen’s ministry throughout the years.•How the Wilkins balanced everything as parents who had four kids in four years.
- The importance of the scripture Deuteronomy 6:7 in Jen’s life and how this has impacted the way she has approached motherhood.
- The importance of the big conversations and small conversations and promoting them in your day-to-day life.
- Jen’s tip on how to respond to difficult questions with a clarifying question.
- What Jen would do differently regarding motherhood if she could: say yes more.
- The one thing that Jen was determined to make sure that her kids knew or had confidence in: That home is your primary place of belonging
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: