TMV Episode 61 – Generations Part 2
Welcome to part two of our conversation with the wonderful Bev Bonner! In the previous episode, Bev talked us through what it was like for her to be a wife and mother. Today, she tells us all about being a grandmother and daughter. Bev outlines how being a grandmother differs from being a mother and why she obeys her children’s parenting desires, before discussing what it’s like to live with her mother and mother-in-law (who are both in their 90s!) As she celebrates her 25th year of worshipping at Family Church, Bev reflects on what it’s like to see 4 generations of her family together at every service. She also shares what it is like to be a woman in ministry, how she started her journey, how difficult it was for her to leave when she needed to focus on other things, why she loves serving the church, and the challenges that women in ministry are facing. Finally, Bev shows gratitude to her biggest supporter and partner in life and shares some advice for moms. To hear all about how to embrace every season in motherhood and to be inspired by a true expert of ‘generations,’ join us now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- This is part two of our talk with Bev Bonner so if you haven’t listened to part one, please do!
- How many grandchildren she has and how being a grandparent is different from being a mother.
- Why Bev does everything her children want to be done with their children.
- What it’s like for Bev to live with her mother and mother-in-law.
- How Bev feels watching 4 generations of her family worshipping at her home church.
- What it is like to be a woman in ministry while raising her family and how she got started.
- The struggles Bev faced when she left ministry.
- The challenges Bev faced as the only woman in ministry for a time.
- How her husband is her biggest supporter and partner through everything in life.
- Why Bev loves serving the church.
- Bev shares a piece of advice to moms that she wishes she knew earlier.
- How moms can identify each season in their lives and how they can be encouraged.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
The Mom Village Email
The Mom Village on Instagram
Kirra Kelly on Twitter
Jismarie Ramos on Twitter