TMV: Episode 49 –Marriage Conversations: Valentines Special – Part 2
Welcome to Part Two of the Marriage Conversations Valentine’s Special! We’re back with our husbands and our good friends Anna and Bernie to answer a few more of your questions. Keeping to the theme, we start off with sharing the weirdest, most unique Valentine’s Day gifts we’ve ever received from our spouses, before tackling all the brilliant marriage-related questions you sent us. In this episode, you’ll hear what we each wish we did more of as a family and as a couple, as well as some handy tips on what to do when your toddler has a meltdown in public! Better, even: how to preempt and prevent a meltdown. Find out how, although, yes, gender roles are specified in the Bible, NOWHERE does it point to abuse. We discuss the importance of a healthy balance in a marriage, and we encourage you to seek counsel if you are experiencing abuse in your home! We share our personal do’s and don’ts if we find ourselves in a heated dispute with our spouse, and touch on what we do when we feel anxious and overwhelmed. Finally, we delve into the inevitable topic of loss and hear how each couple has experienced it differently, with some firsthand advice on how to support your spouse on their walk through grief. For all of this and so much more, tune in with us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- The weirdest, most unique Valentine’s Day gifts we’ve ever received.
- Eric’s best Valentine’s gift from Kirra: a baby boy!
- What the Cuetos and the Ramoses wish they did more of as a family and as a couple.
- What to do when you’re out alone with your toddler and they have a meltdown in public!
- Why the Scrogginses view home time as training and being out in public as game time.
- How to preempt and prevent meltdowns.
- How to find a healthy balance in a marriage and rule out gender bias and abuse.
- What to do if you are experiencing abuse in your marriage.
- What to remind yourself and your spouse in the heat of an argument.
- Why you shouldn’t use permanent language in a dispute.
- What we do when we feel anxious and overwhelmed.
- How God’s word encouraged Anna through a difficult time in her life.
- The importance of nurturing yourself first before you can nurture your kids.
- The value of having someone to count on or confide in.
- How to support your spouse through loss.
- The importance of giving each other the space to grieve and talking about the departed.
- How Eric has supported and encouraged Kirra through the grief of her mother’s Alzheimers.
- What Christian learned from Jismarie’s grieving process when her father passed away.
- How Anna responded to her father’s passing and how her family supported her.
- How to handle your family’s guilt trips when you go away as a couple.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: