TMV: Episode 1– Welcome to The Mom Village
Hello everybody and welcome to our brand new podcast, The Mom Village! We are three, culturally diverse mothers bringing you an exciting new show in conjunction with Family Church. For our first episode, we are discussing the very relevant topic of homeschooling, something that so many of us have had to embrace and understand in the last year. Whether homeschooling was part of your life before the pandemic, or it arrived abruptly on your doorstep at the beginning of 2020, there are so many tips and methods for making the most of the current state of the world and enriching your family lives through this opportunity.
After introducing ourselves and our amazing families, we dive into the topic, looking at our early experiences of homeschooling and what brought about the switch for each of us. We then break down several factors we feel are important, talking about spaces, curricula, meetings, routines, goals, breaks, and more! At the end of the day, homeschooling can be a big challenge but it is such a beautiful chance to spend more time with your children, which is really a gift from God! Listen in with us today, and make sure to look out for our next episode, where we will continue the discussion!
- Introducing our wonderful hosts and their beautiful families!
- Homeschooling in the era of the pandemic; challenges and joys of this new situation.
- First experiences of homeschooling in our homes — taking the leap and reaping the benefits.
- Spaces matter for a homeschool environment and making the most of what is available.
- Creating a unique and meaningful experience for you and your children.
- Finding appropriate curricula that suits your children and the family dynamic.
- Morning family meetings and planning the day out after devotions.
- The importance of manageable chunks of time and taking breaks as necessary.
- Daily goals and creating a sense of accomplishment for children.
- Managing multiple responsibilities and the challenge of homeschooling while working.
- Flexibility and adjusting to specific circumstances in your schedule.
- Appreciation for the blessing of more time with your family.
- Recapping today’s tips and looking forward to the next episode.
- Today’s great giveaway and how to get added to the draw!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: