Episode 1009: Leading Through COVID-19 – Celebrating the Ordinances
Key Points From This Episode:
- Having to rethink how we celebrate ordinances as the body of Christ.
- The challenge of baptizing people in the context of physical distancing.
- How we approach online baptisms while remaining faithful to the God’s Word.
- Theological concerns around practicing the Lord’s Supper.
- Providing guidelines to the congregation to keep the ordinances respectful and holy.
- Creating special memories by including children in services and ordinances at home.
- How this keeps the people in your church connected and faithful during this crisis.
When you think about what a church is, one of the identifying qualifications is celebrating the ordinances together. Click To TweetWe have a high view of baptism. We require someone to join our church in order to be baptized. Click To TweetWe only have two ordinances in the Bible. We want to do them as accurately and as close to the scriptures as we can. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.