CFTROU 0079: The Business on Church Business: Pay for an External Audit
- Defining an external audit and the many reasons why it is a necessity.
- The two primary components of an external audit.
- The valuable support an external accountant can offer to lead pastors.
- How external audits provide accountability to your accountability.
- The reasons for resistance towards an external audit.
- The process of selecting an accounting firm that’s a good fit for your church.
- Viewing auditors as friends who help your team be better stewards of your church’s resources.
- What internal controls are and the role they play in a comprehensive external audit.
As a pastor, I am 100% dependent on our team to give me the financial information that I have and an external audit makes sure of it. Click To TweetIt’s always a great thing that we can tell those who give to our church that we do an external audit every year. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.