CFTROU 0036: Move Beyond Diversity to Inclusivity
- Why conversations about race can help to make us better Christians.
- Understand the difference between diversity and inclusivity.
- Why we have to become diverse before we can become inclusive.
- The implications of the word “minority.”
- How to begin speaking to the interests of diverse communities.
- Avoiding tokenism to foster genuine diversity and inclusivity in the church.
- The work of the leader to create a comfortable environment for all demographics.
- Discover why inequity is a gospel issue.
- Four keys to help pastors move from diversity to inclusivity.
Diversity is getting different people in the same place, but they are still different. Inclusivity says we are different in the same place, but we become the same. It means decisions are being made with the same influence of all the… Click To TweetInclusivity does follow diversity. Click To TweetAll of us need to practice intentional empathy – not sympathy – if we are going to build relationships with people who are different from us. Why don’t we try to see race issues from someone else’s perspective? Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.