CFTROU 0058: Young Leader Engagement with Jonathan Akin
- Introduction to Jonathan Akin.
- Why it can be difficult to engage younger leaders.
- Evolving with a strong and sound theological message.
- Understanding the diverse network of Southern Baptists churches.
- Changes that have occurred in society and the church over the last few decades.
- Opportunities that are available to churches of all strategies.
- Current strategies that NAMB is implementing to engage young leaders.
- Creating mentorship opportunities and a resource base for young leaders.
- How these tactics reach beyond youth programs.
Research has shown us that over the last 25 years the percentage of pastors under age 40 has fallen from 33% to 15% …the church is facing a massive leadership shortage and we are looking to address that shortage. Click To TweetWe provide coaching, resourcing and mentorship to young leaders so they can continue to develop as leaders and shepherds. Click To TweetWhy should a younger pastor who is theologically aligned with the Southern Baptist Convention choose to be a part of our tribe? Check out the answer in today’s podcast with @Jonathanakin. Click To Tweet@NAMB_SBC is meeting needs on a scope and a scale bigger than anybody else in the world and doing it in a way that’s theologically aligned. To me, the Southern Baptist Convention represents the greatest opportunity for partnership,… Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.