CFTROU 0066: Multicultural Leadership
- Get to know Dr. Kevin Smith.
- Why Kevin is involved personally in the Southern Baptist life.
- The biggest challenges Kevin faces as a multicultural leader in the SBC.
- Challenges the SBC faces with inclusion and diversity.
- Signs of hope and progress in the SBC.
- How pastors can embrace the diversity in their neighborhoods.
- What pastors can do today to move the needle towards inclusion and diversity.
The New Testament challenges of not having divisions among brothers and sisters can be hard – we struggle to distinguish between unity and uniformity. It’s not just a black/white issue – it’s generational and cultural as well. Click To TweetOne of the hardest things is to rejoice with one another and weep with one another. Indifference and insensitivity have certainly been obstacles to deal with being a part of the Southern Baptist Convention formed in 1845. Click To TweetLife looks different from different perspectives…there are always brothers and sisters who are pressing on toward Ephesians 4:3 unity…people who acknowledge issues of the past and are willing to take steps to go forward in more Godly… Click To TweetA pastor in a changing neighborhood has to really be a man on the street – a man who is meeting people and engaging people. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.