CFTROU 0068: Going the Distance
- The best parts about being a pastor.
- The biggest challenges currently facing pastors.
- Start with a mission.
- Missions can quickly turn to ministries.
- Do more than maintain the ministries.
- Caution against becoming a monument and then a memory.
- Importance of simplifying and clarifying the mission.
- Leadership is relational.
- Creating, developing and maintaining relationships while in ministry.
I've always had the desire to plant my life in one place and serve a lifetime. I love pastoring – I wish I had another lifetime to do it all again. Click To TweetPastoring has never been a job or a career to me – it’s always been a calling. Click To TweetThe biggest challenge is to stay focused on what God has called you to do. Click To TweetPastors have to guard against moving from mission to ministry to maintenance to monument and just becoming a memory. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.