CFTROU 0071: Evangelism and the Pastor
- About Pastor Johnny’s family and his journey with Woodstock First Baptist Church.
- His role on the North American Mission Board and raising up a new pastor alongside him.
- Why it is so important for pastors to model and motivate in the area of evangelism.
- Some of the initiatives implemented to help pastors proliferate evangelism in their churches.
- What Who’s Your 1 is about, their objectives and how you can get involved.
- Find out how encouragement is prioritized through the Timothy + Barnabas retreats.
- What encouragement does in the hearts of pastors and testimonies.
- How God called him out of the pastorate to be Senior Vice President of Evangelism at NAMB.
- How Pastor Johnny led through the transition to his successor.
Whatever is important to the pastor will be important to the people. Click To TweetThe average pastor doesn’t necessarily need a whole lot more instruction, but we always need to be encouraged in what we already know. Click To TweetIt’s important for veteran pastors to think about what’s next and what they want to do to remain valuable in the context of kingdom ministry. Click To TweetThis was an internal decision instead of an external decision. It’s not something handed to me – it’s something I want to do because it’s inside of me. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.