CFTROU 0080: The Business on Church Business: Setting Senior Pastor Compensation
- Understand the weight of this topic and how to best handle it according to the context of your church.
- The need for a church to establish its philosophy regarding compensation.
- Defining compensation as a comprehensive package and what that entails.
- Working with a committee on this and following IRS guidelines.
- The three main things to consider when thinking about what a pastor should earn.
- Encouragement for pastors to communicate financial needs to their church leadership.
- The variables to consider when determining fair compensation.
- Whether churches should make their salaries public.
Everyone wants their pastor to do okay, but not too okay. Click To TweetEverybody is looking at 'wealth' through their own perspective. Click To TweetEvery church is sending a message to their pastor through their compensation plan, and that message can either be positive or not. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.