CFTROU 0084: The Business on Church Business: Hire Slow, Fire Fast
- The struggles churches face when needing to let employees go when the situation calls for it.
- The ramifications of not having solid hiring practices in place.
- The details of the hire slow, fire fast philosophy.
- Chemistry, family background, and multiple meetings with different leaders are important aspects to consider when hiring an employee.
- How important it is to gauge the character of the candidate.
- Getting through the difficult process of firing.
- The gray areas of bad performance versus taking ownership of a bad hire.
Some of the worst hiring decisions have been made on a gut-feeling, without thoroughly vetting a candidate. Click To TweetHiring slow is difficult because we often find ourselves having to make up for that unfilled position. Click To TweetHiring decisions is where we see the benefits of collaborative decision-making. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.