CFTROU 0164: Engaging Neighbors as the Neighborhood Church with Dr. Ed Stetzer
Neighborhood churches can be an outpost to the neighborhood, through geographical proximity, investment in a group of people, and being intentional neighbors. Our guest today is Dr. Ed Stetzer, a friend, author, speaker, professor, dean, and executive director of the Billy Graham Center at Wheaton College. Join us in our conversation with Dr. Stetzer on engaging with your neighborhood as we continue with our series about the importance of the neighborhood church. We dive into how the church can posture itself as an outpost in the local neighborhood through an intervening action to engage neighbors, how the cocooning cultural system is working to keep us from engaging, and we discuss why living counter-culturally is a key part of church life. We also touch on the concept of incarnational ministry and what it means
to be a true gospel witness. For all this, and much more, don’t miss out on today’s episode of Church for the Rest of Us!
Key Points From This Episode:
• More about Dr. Stetzer and what he is involved in currently.
• How the term and concept of the neighborhood church grabs Dr. Stetzer.
• How the church could potentially posture itself as an outpost to the neighborhood.
• The intervening action that can help [church] members engage with neighborhoods.
• Dr. Stetzer shares his strategy for engaging with your neighborhood.
• How the current cultural system is built to keep us away from engaging with our neighbors.
• We discuss the idea of what we missed when we stopped being a neighborhood church.
• Why we should be living counter-culturally as a church.
• Incarnational ministry: why we should be raising the question why?
• Being true Gospel witnesses.
CFTROU 0164: The Power of the Neighborhood Church Series: Engaging Neighbors as the Neighborhood Church with Dr. Ed Stetzer Click To TweetCFTROU 0164: The Power of the Neighborhood Church Series: Engaging Neighbors as the Neighborhood Church with Dr. Ed Stetzer Click To TweetCFTROU 0164: The Power of the Neighborhood Church Series: Engaging Neighbors as the Neighborhood Church with Dr. Ed Stetzer Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Dr. Ed Stetzer Personal Website
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
The best way to do that is to rate the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher and leave us a brief positive review!
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.
Leave A Comment