CFTROU 0062: The Power of the Invitation
- Recognizing the power of the invitation.
- Jesus is an inviting God; we need to be an inviting people.
- Invitation of awareness: show the community that your church exists.
- Invitation to be loved: we want something for you, not from you.
- Invitation to try: allow people to try church, or try worship.
- Invitation to meet your needs: stepping into group life.
- Invitation to know Jesus: life’s better with Jesus than without.
- Invitation to be baptized: historical marker or event.
- Invitation to follow Jesus: the discipleship process.
- Four quadrants of discipleship: know Jesus, know community, grow character, go share.
I think because our God is an inviting God, we should be inviting people. Click To TweetChurches greatly over-estimate how aware the community is about their existence. Click To TweetIf you’re not comfortable with your church, you’re not going to invite anybody to come. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.