Family Church is the first church in the country, to our knowledge, to have a church planting residency deliberately focused on using bivocational pastors. We are in our fifth year now and have learned a number of lessons along the way. Here are just a handful:
- Start with who you have.
- Look for partners: individuals, churches, seminaries.
- Ask God every day to send laborers.
- Be willing to learn (and change!) as you go.
- Expect successes and failures.
We are increasingly fielding questions from other churches who are interested in starting a similar approach to church planting and leadership development. We will be sharing how we got started and what we know at our upcoming Sharper Conference on February 23. Lead Pastor Jimmy Scroggins will be sharing in general sessions. These breakout sessions may be of interest, also:
- Bivocational Church Planting
- Seed Churches
- Church Planting Residency
- Leadership Pipeline
- Leading Multi-Site Organizations
- Turning Vision Into Reality
- And many more
The conference is free, and we’d love for you to join us. If you want to come, however, you had better register now. Capacity is limited, and the conference is filling up very fast.
More information can be found here: www.sharperconference.com