Episode 1023: Leading Through COVID-19 – Cross Church
As some churches continue to meet virtually every Sunday, some are beginning to reopen. Senior Pastor of Cross Church, Nick Floyd, joins the conversation to talk about his experience with reopening church. He walks us through the process, communication, and safety measures they prioritized versus the ones they left more flexible. He also shares what attendance was like and the overall atmosphere in the church.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Cross Church dealt with the three months of no in-person gatherings.
- How they trained volunteers for the shifting paradigm.
- Strategies for safely taking up offerings, offering communion, and other church sacraments.
- The importance of communicating clearly with your congregation at every stage.
- Get an idea of what attendance was like the first Sunday back at church.
- Preparing for a reserved atmosphere as people still experience constraints and express concerns.
I think that is a big learning for all of us: the more we can communicate during this time, the better. Click To TweetWe’ve come to believe that the curve of public opinion and social appetite is bending towards more reopening and less distancing over time. Click To Tweet
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Get podcast updates delivered to your inbox.
This podcast releases every Monday morning. Subscribe for free and never miss out on an episode of Church for the Rest of Us.
If you like us, rate us or leave a comment below.
Hopefully, this episode has given you principles, strategies, and ideas that you can implement right now with the resources you have. If so, can you let others know?
This will help us place the podcast in front of more pastors and ministry leaders. It also lets us learn from you. Thank you for taking the time to get the word out about Church for the Rest of Us.